Welcome to the Privacy Notice of FXWL Limited (“ABASK”). You might be viewing this through our website or mobile application (which we’ll collectively call ‘’Platform’’ in short).
We consider the protection of your privacy to be extremely important. We are bound by and use your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27th 2016 (the “GDPR”).
We want to inform you as much as possible, respect you and give you control over what happens to your personal data and what you share with us.
Our Privacy Notice is designed to make you aware of what data we are collecting, how and why we collect it.
Please take time to read through our Privacy and Cookies Notice to understand your rights and do not hesitate to contact us for further clarifications.
1.1 About us - Our contact details
Name: FXWL Limited (“ABASK”)
Address: 4TH Floor, The George Building, 2 Nicholas Road, W11 4AN
Phone Number: +44 20 4538 8462
Data Protection Officer e-mail: email@example.com
1.2 What personal data do we collect?
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers (for example, name, surname, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and age)
• Payment-related information (for example credit/debit card details, billing address, social security number)
• Usage data including intended purchases, your marketing preferences, wish lists, and order history
• Business details if you apply for a trade account
1.3 How do we collect your personal data?
We will collect your personal data directly from you when you:
• create and place an order on our Platform;
• sign up to create an account or log in to your account on our Platform;
• subscribe to our newsletters or to mailing lists;
• participate in promotional activities;
• send an email, SMS, WhatsApp message, phone or online request to our customer service team or our social media channels;
• visit our Platform
• signing up to a trade account
1.4 Other information we collect about you from third-party sources
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
• From our service providers to deliver the goods and services requested;
• From other third parties outside ABASK where you have agreed to them to share your information with us for marketing purposes;
• Government, tax or law enforcement agencies.
2. Why do we use your data and on what legal grounds?
We will use your data to perform a contract we have entered into with you or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.
We collect and use your data only for the following purposes:
• To provide you with goods, services and information that you have requested from us, by processing your transactional information for purchases and payments;
• To provide you customer service and support, deal with enquiries or update you on changes to your order, or other services;
• To communicate with you and get in contact with you about your purchases and orders;
• To allow you to use our Platform.
We also use your data:
• To manage, improve and update our Platform and to make sure that content from our Platform is presented to you in the most effective and optimal manner (please view the specific Cookie Notice for more information);
• To personalize your experience on our Platform and provide you with personalized advertising and marketing by processing personal data relating to your interactions (app usage, transactions, Platform visits);
• To personalize communications and to contact you, either via e-mail, telephone, social media, text messages, WhatsApp messages or postal mail in order to inform you of account activity, delivery fulfilment and marketing-related activity;
• To customise, measure and improve our services;
• To offer you Platform content that includes items and services that you may like and to keep track of your basket;
• To use your browsing activity with Abask to detect, diagnose and resolve errors that occur on our Platform;
• To customize, measure and improve our products and services;
• To contact you directly for marketing and promotional purposes in connection with our business;
• For research and development.
In these cases, the legal basis on which we rely to lawfully process your data is the pursuit of our legitimate interest (for example, to better understand how users interact with our Platform and solve any issue they may have, or for direct marketing) when your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
You can always unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
We may use your information also to:
• enable us to enforce our legal rights, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and/or other third parties;
• prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate frauds or illegal activities;
• comply with legal obligations and requirements, for example tax purposes.
3. Who will your data be shared with?
In order to fulfil the purposes stated above, it might be necessary for ABASK to share with suitable third parties your data. In particular, your data might be shared with:
• selected third-party providers that we work with, so that we are able to provide you with our goods and services;
• any other third-party outside ABASK that you have given your consent to share your information with for marketing purposes;
• Any other third parties and governmental institutions to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights (i.e. tax obligations).
Before sharing any of your personal data with external providers, we require our providers to sign an agreement confirming that your data will be kept secured.
Cookies are small text file stored on your computer or smartphone when you visit web pages. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide us information for different purposes.
a. First/Third-Party Cookies
• First party cookies: cookies that FXWL Limited (“ABASK”) drop to keep track of what you have in your basket and to remember you when you return to our site.
• Third-party cookies: cookies dropped by third parties ABASK has a contractual relationship with. We use third party cookies to enable specific functionalities and enhance the customer experience.
- Cookie ID: rmuid
- Expiry: expires within 365 days
b. Session/Persistent Cookies
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time:
• ‘’Session cookies’’ exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser.
• “Persistent cookies” survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
• Analytics/Performance: These cookies allow us to gather analytics to improve the performance and functionality of our website. These analytics can include measurements on the popularity of a page, common patterns of how people browse around the website, and how frequently a certain feature is used. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you.
• Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable our website to remember choices you make such as your language preference, username or the region you are in. You may opt-out of these cookies, but it will impact your experience on the website, and you may need to repeat certain selections each time you visit. Examples of functionality cookies include web chat services, user preferences, and the ability to comment on blogs and websites.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are fundamental to website functionality. Without them, essential parts of our website cannot be used. Accordingly, these cookies are always activated. They are only used when you visit our website and are usually deleted when you close your browser.
• Social media sharing: Third-party social media widgets or buttons give you the chance to share content from web pages to social media websites and email. Use of these widgets or buttons may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, ensure your interaction is displayed on our web pages (e.g. the social share count cache is updated) and log information about your activities across the Internet and on websites. We encourage you to review each provider’s privacy information before using any such service.
We use the “Strictly Necessary/Required Cookies” to ensure that you get the most out of our website. These cookies enable you to navigate through ABASK website and use its features. Without these, you would not be able to check out any items in your basket. Therefore, these cookies are always active on our website.
We will only use "Performance” and ‘’Advertising’’ cookies if you consent, which you will do through the Cookie Banner.
If you decline, a single cookie will be used in your browser to remember your preference not to be tracked.
How can you change your cookie settings?
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should check the Help menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual). To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We take all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the security of your personal information throughout the course of our business. Technical safeguards are for example restrictive access, encryption, antivirus software, regular testing and evaluation.
In case we transfer your information to a country which is outside the UK or the EEA we have put in place contractual agreements or other measures with any recipients of your information to ensure your personal data will be equally protected.
6. How long will we keep your personal data for?
Your information is securely stored in our servers or external clouds managed by third parties.
We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected the data for. We will then dispose your information by removing all files and back-ups from all personal computers, one drive and hard drive.
7. What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you can exercise the following rights free of charge:
• access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances i.e. if your personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose they were collected for or if you withdraw your consent.
• restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances i.e. if you think that the information we process is inaccurate or unlawful.
• object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information only if we process the relevant information on legitimate or public interest grounds.
• data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you directly gave us to another organisation, or to you, if we process the relevant information on consent or contract grounds.
• lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority if you think our processing of data is unlawful.
If you make a request to exercise your rights, we have one month to respond to you before you can complain to the relevant Supervisory Authority. You can also lodge a complaint if you are unsatisfied with our reply.
For UK the Supervisory Authority is ICO. The ICO’s contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow
Cheshire SK9 5AF
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
If you are based or the issue you would like to complain about took place in the European Economic Area (EEA), please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the EEA countries.
8. How to contact us
Please contact us if you wish to make a request or complain or have any questions on how we use your personal data.
9. How do we keep this privacy notice up to date?
We will keep this privacy notice up to date to reflect changes in our products and services. This notice was last updated on 23rd September 2022. Should this notice change in any fundamental way, a notice will be displayed for 30 days. We recommend checking this page on our Platform from time to time.